Personal Use of AREVS Web Site
AREVS has prepared this Web Site solely for the purpose of providing information to interested parties over the age of eighteen (18). While AREVS has attempted, in good faith, to ensure the information presented in this Web site is accurate, there may be inadvertent (technical and factual) inaccuracies and typographical errors in the information presented. AREVS disclaims all representations and warranties (both express or implied) regarding the accuracy, completeness and/or suitability of the information presented on this Web site for any purpose. In no event shall AREVS be responsible for the consequences associated with use of this information. AREVS reserves the right to make changes and corrections to the information provided on this Web site at any time, without notice.
AREVS may restrict access to the Web Site which may not be used or accessed for any illegal, unlawful obscene, commercially disparaging, defamatory or purpose. Persons under the age of thirteen (13) may not provide any information to or through this Web Site nor may those persons participate in any forums, chat rooms or the like under any circumstance.
AREVS hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print AREVS documents that are available on this Web site, subject to the following conditions:
- The documents may not be modified.
- Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
- You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the AREVS Web site, individual elements of the Web site design, or AREVS logos without the express written permission of AREVS.
Commercial Use of AREVS Web Site Materials and Screen Shots
Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the AREVS Web site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of AREVS. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met. To request such permission please send an e-mail and include the following information in the body of the message:
- The AREVS content you wish to use.
- Where and how will it be used (for example, a book cover, an advertisement, or a brochure).
- Where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience.
- How many copies will be produced and distributed.
- When you intend to publish.
- Other non-AREVS materials that will be associated with the AREVS content.
- Your name, title, company, address, email address, and phone number.
We will evaluate your request as soon as possible. AREVS reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.
Licensed Logo Use
Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of AREVS logos is strictly prohibited without written permission from AREVS. If your organization has a preexisting agreement with AREVS, that agreement, along with the specific guidelines for each logo, will specify your rights and obligations regarding use of AREVS logos. If you do not have an existing agreement with AREVS, you do not have permission to use AREVS logos. If you have additional questions, please contact AREVS.
AREVS is committed to maintaining your privacy on the Internet and protecting your personally identifiable information (pii) in the same fashion we protect our employees and company information.
For industry visitors (Auditor, Rater, Contractor, Builder or Providers) we may collect the following pii that you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us in connection with access to the public and/or private sections of our Web Site as well as to evaluate your AREVS membership registration application:
- Your company name
- Your Password
- Your First and Last name
- Your e-mail address
- Your company address
- Your company website
- Your phone number
- Your mobile number
- Your fax number
- Whether you agree with the Terms and Conditions – User Agreement for participation
- Any comments or feedback you may provide from that section of our Web Site.
For public visitors, we collect the following pii that you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us in connection with access to the public and/or private sections of our Web Site as well as to evaluate and match your contractor needs to our extensive AREVS membership database of registered contractors:
- Your First and Last name
- Your e-mail address
- Your street address, city, state and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your mobile number
- Your fax number
We may also collect the following pii automatically when you access our Web Site:
- The IP address from which you are accessing our Web Site
- The browser type and version you are using
- The date and time and duration of your visits to our Web Site.
- The entering page, visited path and exit pages of our Web Site
- The site you were visiting immediately prior to visiting our Web Site
- The site you went to immediately after leaving our Web Site.
- The search engine you used to locate our Web Site
We may use your pii as follows:
- In the aggregate for only to ascertain broad geographic and demographic information used for business analyses such as web traffic; flow, ad placement, search engine optimization or other Web Site enhancing activity
- To enhance your browsing experience while visiting our Web Site, such enhancements may take the form of placing “cookies” on your computer which may speed up your access to the information you desire from our Web Site or to provide you with more relevant or new content At any time you may remove the cookies we place within your browser by accessing your “cookies.txt” file and deleting those cookie entries. Check your browser’s Help file for more information on how to manage your cookies to protect your privacy. Finally, any personal profile of you that we maintain for Web site specific use may be removed by contacting us directly.
- To provide you with relevant information
- To design or redesign our Web Site to permit more efficient and useful structure for us and our visitors, vendors and advertisers
- In the aggregate to our partners and clients to better serve our customers. In all cases, the provision of such data is in compliance with the rules, regulations and laws of federal, state and local government.
- To provide you with information and/or fulfillment that you request, notification of news, promotions, events, products, processes, techniques, industry trends, DIY tips, and industry contacts. Your email and contact information may be used to contact or service you with information or service that you have requested to receive. At all times, you may request to be removed from such distribution by contacting us directly. Your personal contact information is not shared with any outside company or person unless it is specifically stated as part of that request process.
We adhere to the following privacy policies:
- AREVS collects your pii only with your informed consent.
- AREVS uses your pii for personalization, identification, communication and in the conduct of business at your request.
- AREVS does not sell or distribute your pii without your express consent provided however that by requesting a matching list of contractors you hereby consent to disclosure of such elements of pii necessary to permit such a matching of needs and capabilities.
- You always have the right to request that your pii be removed by contacting us directly.
- AREVS complies with industry standards for protecting the privacy and personal information of the users of our Web site. AREVS internally reviews our compliance with these standards on a periodic basis.
- At times, AREVS asks for your email and other contact information in We train all employees in the aspects of maintaining privacy. Further, we ensure that the tools necessary for maintaining such privacy are available.
- The Web is based on hypertext links. It is what makes the Web so useful for communicating information. Often, AREVS will provide links to Web sites of persons and companies outside of AREVS’ control. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies and procedures maintained by these external sites, including whether they collect and sell pii. We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection, storage and disclosure policies.
- Though AREVS makes every effort to preserve user privacy, AREVS may need to disclose pii when required by law where it has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current administrative or judicial proceeding, a civil or criminal subpoena or court order or legal process served on our Web site. When commercially feasible, we will provide you with notice of such request for information collected from our Web site.
Ways to protect your privacy
- Never share your AREVS account number, logins or passwords with anyone who you don’t want accessing your account.
- Use caution in sharing your email address, or other personal information, in our chat rooms and on our message boards. Know that AREVS chat rooms and message boards are generally viewable by the public, unless otherwise noted, and any information posted within these areas may be retrieved by persons unknown to AREVS. If you have any concerns or doubts about posting information to any of our chat or message boards, please contact us prior to doing so. Messages posted on our message boards can not be removed unless specifically requested of AREVS.
Users of this Web Site understand and agree that the laws of the state of New York govern the use and access to this Web Site in all respects. Any and all claims against or through AREVS arising from the use of or access to or from this Web Site shall be exclusively resolved in the state courts located in Warren County, NY. Users hereby agree that such forum has subject matter jurisdiction, is a convenient venue, and agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of said court. Users hereby waive any claims for incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising in any way from said users use of or exclusion from use of this Web Site. In the event AREVS is required to investigate, defend, prosecute or compromise any claims arising from this Web Site it may recover the actual and reasonable costs for such actions including its reasonable and necessary attorneys’ fees and costs for such actions.
ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED TO USER “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES REGARDING THIS INFORMATION AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL RESPECED CONTRACTORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF: USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM SAID USERS’ USE OF GOODS OR SERVICE PROCURED VIA THE WEB SITE.
Sales and Refund Policy
Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale that govern your purchases at AREVS. They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases, including important limitations and exclusions.
Return and Refund Policy
All sales are final. No Refunds or credits apply.